AICI-SP has established itself as one of the leading construction firms in the Department of State, Overseas Building Operations (OBO) program. We continue to win important contracts and projects throughout this program and others. We have a culture of innovation where our employees can make a difference and are looking for like-minded, dynamic individuals to come and join our rapidly expanding team.
We are currently seeking a Project Engineer with a BS degree in Engineering/Architecture to work on a U.S. Embassy project in Taipei, Taiwan. A secret level security clearance is required for this position.
The Project Engineer is responsible for design management, budget, site supervision, and engineering of a design-build Standard U.S. Embassy Design. Will plan and manage project construction, as it relates to all technical activities on assigned project, by consultation to project teams, government agencies and clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, develop and manage the project construction engineering activities and schedule to include the coordination of procurement items to the project site.
- Manage the submittal and obtain approval of all shop drawings to the client
- Lead project meetings to collect and disseminate information pertaining to projects
- Review and monitor project progress to assure quality and adherence to requirements of contract documents
- Supervise technical testing, survey or field engineering teams
- Coordinate the collection and dissemination of technical information between/within the company and customer
- Prepare quotations utilizing supplier information, cost standards, technical information from quality, manufacturing engineering, and design
- Maintain organized and detailed project records
- Perform work which involves conventional methods and types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with relatively few complex features
- Assignments involve activities requiring knowledge of standard principles and techniques
- Assist in mentoring of Engineering Associates
- Assist in the coordination of pricing, estimating, scoping strategies for proposed projects and in the development and preparation of technical specifications
- Review designs, drawings, plans and specifications for projects, engineered systems, technical equipment or components
- Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects
- Assist in the preparation of probable construction cost estimates
- Assist in the analysis of reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests and aerial photographs on soil compositions, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design project
- Prepare design computations and quantity estimates
- Assist in the preparation or modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, permits and designs for project
- Instruct technicians to reduce designs to working drawings
- Responsible for control of work-in-progress
- Receive/solicit guidance on unusual and/or complex problems and supervisory approval on work plans
- Train, coach, and mentor personnel by enforcing company policy and procedures
- Develop and foster lasting relationships with client by implementing, following through, and keeping lines of communication open
- Other duties as assigned by the Project Manager or Operations Manager
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to obtain a U.S. security clearance
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited institution in engineering or architecture
- Minimum of 5 years of professional employment as an engineer or architect managing comparable work
- Experience in all aspects of design/build contract execution
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Excellent planning, organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Independent; little supervision needed
- Courteous, professional, diplomatic
- High level of confidentiality
- International U.S. Government Construction industry experience interacting with various diverse cultures
- Active Security Clearance
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Overseas Building Operations (OBO) experience preferred
PHYSICAL JOB DEMANDS: Reaching above and below, stooping and bending. Lifting/carrying/moving 1 to 20 pounds of weight in the form of paper, boxes, files, etc. Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, filing, and perform specialized skills. Job requires a high degree of concentration in a busy environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Contract requires 6 days per week, 10 hours per day. Schedules may be modified to better accommodate business needs.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by individuals assigned this position. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with the position.
Go back to job listings
Apply for this position